Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Bad Canadian

More often than not, I'm a bad Canadian.

I think that cold and the winter sucks (Unless it's on the 24th and 25th of December. Then it's okay. Ish.)

Hockey doesn't interest me (Unless we're playing the US in a gold medal game and then I'm all HOCKEY RULES YO!)

I don't ever wear a toque. Ew. 

I mean, I don't even live in an Igloo - what kind of a Canadian am I?!

So - you've already discovered how bad of a Canadian I am...but this is the kicker..because today..today folks was one of the first times that I've shoveled snow.

Like, for real.

I don't know how I escaped this chore for 25 years (Okay - so I actually do - hello tractors with a snowblower attached) but I have. And now I'm living at a place where there aren't boys to clear your driveway for you with large tractors. And it's snowing. Bunches. And I have an early morning meeting.

So I shoveled snow - for basically the first time in my life. I mean, I've done it before. When I was building snow forts and needed extra snow, or that time that I was like..hmm..I wonder what all this fuss is about - picked up a shovel, shoveled for approximately 2.4 seconds and then was like...yeaaaah..this sucks. Not happening. 

And it wasn't that bad.

Okay. It was.

I'm pretty okay with being a bad Canadian if it means that I never have to shovel this crap again.






...FYI - I can't be all bad though. I love beer. And Timmy's. And grew up on a maple syrup farm. That's gotta count for SOMETHING. 

No comments:

Post a Comment