Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yep, Still Single

Sometimes I get a little bit cynical and grumpy about my never ending single status.

Would it be nice to have a boyfriend? Sure.

Thing is though...I'm not so down with settling for someone that's not right, that doesn't have similar morals, values or ideas about life...and I seem to channel Julia Stiles a la 10 Things I Hate About You when it comes to boys...except change 'have you seen the unwashed miscreants that go to that school' with 'have you seen the unwashed miscreants that are in this town?!'


 I'm pretty particular when it comes to certain things..and in the last while have become even more particular about the people I surround myself with in my daily life..and I dunno. Maybe I'm just cynical and bitter..but every single time I look around this town...I'm like..whoa..yeah..no thanks.


Which is fine..because I'm honestly in no rush to feel as though I have to find someone and settle down and blah blah blah. 


Even if all of my friends seem to be married, in super serious relationships or having wee babes and I can't figure out where I fit into this picture. 


But then my mother starts making little comments about this or that, and then my grandmother says I need to find a nice boy and then my aunt tells me that she's been asking her friends if their daughters know anyone nice for me..


And I'm all..what the HELL - I'm TWENTY FOUR and enjoying my independence..why do you need to make me feel like crap because I'm not married and having children? Turning twenty five and being single doesn't mean that I'm necessarily going to be the crazy cat lady who scares children from her front porch. And so what if I do...they should respect my life choices, damnit. 


I mean, I get it..and yes, it would be nice..but I'm not going to marry someone just for the sake of marrying someone..and I really don't need overbearing relatives to play match maker when they have no idea what the hell I'm looking for.


So. I'm still single. Sorry about that..but that's just the way it is, and that's the way it's going to be for the forseeable future. 

And I'm going to embrace it...because seriously..who wants unwashed miscreants? Ew.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you should sacrifice your happiness and independence to be with a boy. I think that "the one" you are destined to be with .. will come! I think that there is no rush into getting married or forcing yourself into that idea that" marriage makes you happy" and that we need to be in a relationship. I think that it's our life experiences, our friends, our family and our outlook on life that makes us happy... boy or no boy. I love you for how strong you are and a great boy will come.. I believe in fate.

    ReplyDelete