Thursday, November 25, 2010

"Weekend" Getaway

Sometimes I get a little to wrapped up in life, in the going-ons of life, of the everyday a little bit boring, mundane things.

Sometimes it's just too crazy.

Sometimes it's just too stressful.

Sometimes it's just too busy to even think properly.

I get so wrapped up in life that it just..passes me by.

I get sad that most of my friends are far away...so I stop thinking about it and try to pretend that I'm too busy to have friends in close proximity anyways. Which, to be fair, a lot of the time recently, I have been.

But then a weekend happens.

Where it's awesome.

Everyone laughs, gets along and drinks dollar margarita's.

Where you go out to a club to go dancing and are pulled out of a line, and you get to jump the cue - AND avoid paying cover! With some of your best girl friends. And a whole bunch of sketchy 21 year olds that make you feel like a cougar *rawr*.

Where you explore a new city and the lights and wonder of said new city.

Where that city is proclaimed SUPER AWESOME because you can drink in public, on the streets, and are welcome to meander wherever you feel like it, from place to place, without anyone ever thinking or saying anything.

AND the drinks are often free. As are the shots being pouring into your mouth by that bartender.

And when they're not - they're served in glasses that are almost as tall as you. Or the length of your arm.

Basically, giant. Or with fuzzy palm trees.

And over these drinks, you set in the warm(er than home) desert sun. You catch up with girls that you wish still lived just down the street. You laugh so hard you cry - over the silliest things. You wear heels that you use to be able to wear - and then run back to your fancy dancy hotel room to change because they just aren't worth it. You sing songs while dancing on the bridge at 3-something AM - while you recount how you must be getting old because everything on the dancefloor looked like they were between 12-15 and you bailed after 3 and everyone was still partying like mad. But it didn't matter because you were going to dance all the way home. And then brush your teeth and collapse before you started all over again.

Where you rode a roller coaster, just for fun.

Where there were silly chats, serious chats and serene bits of comfortable silence where you took it all in.

And then when you haven't slept anywhere near as much as you should have, and you've got what feels like a million hour drive ahead of you and you just want to crash and sleep..you have amazing chats about life, your place in it and all of the crazy things that happen in it. The past, the present and the future in one car ride. That makes you feel closer to certain people than you have, ever. And that makes you feel closer to PEOPLE in GENERAL than you have in a long time.

I realized this weekend how much I miss having close girlfriends.

How I miss travelling.

How I miss being free to explore.

How I miss laughing.

How I miss escaping from the daily routine of life.

And so, I will do my best to plan more things. To make the effort. To dance a little more. And to live life - because if you're not doing that - what's the point?


So - Las Vegas Girls Getaway 2010? ...Grand Success!!


 Alas, all of the photos that are of the three of us are on other cameras...so this one will have to do! Us eating a yummy meal - with unlimited free wine?! I loves me some Vegas! I cannot wait for girls trips in future years to come..definitely something to look forward to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment